Special Construction Fans with Wear Resistant Overlay / Materials / Liners
- At SYMBIOSIS we recognize the importance of special design fans with Wear resistant properties & construction due to the highly abrasive dust and other corrosive elements that fans need to handle and supply.
- We design the impeller with wear resistance materials. Our experienced engineers determine the optimized solution for a particular applications.
- The velocity of impingement is kept to as low a value as possible through appropriate fan size and blade angle selection.
- Adequate coverage is given on these abrasion prone surfaces like the leading edge zone where the relative velocities are the highest, the driving face as well as on the back plate.
- The coating material, usually an alloy of Chromium, Nickel, with addition of Molybdenum, Vanadium and Manganese whenever required
- A severely abrasive environment is protected by the use of partial wear liners and requires resistant materials such as ceramic, Chromium carbide or Tungsten carbide to protect the surfaces